[ncl-talk] Displaying a part of a color Table (color bar)

S Br sbr.climate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 07:54:54 MDT 2019

Hi All,
In a figure, I am using the 'temp_diff_18lev' color table to display the
temperature anomaly (Positive and negative) values using the color bar. For
another figure I only have the positive temperature values for which I want
to use the same 'temp_diff_18lev' color table. Could you please suggest me
how to display the positive sides of the color bar.

*1st Figure:*
 res at cnFillPalette       = "temp_diff_18lev"   ; set color map
  res at lbLabelBarOn        = True           ; turn off individual cb's
   res at cnLevelSelectionMode =  "ManualLevels"
   res at cnMinLevelValF       = -0.5
   res at cnMaxLevelValF       =  0.5
   res at cnLevelSpacingF      =  0.1

*2nd Figure:*
 res at cnFillPalette       = "temp_diff_18lev"   ; set color map
  res at lbLabelBarOn        = True   ; Here I want to display only positive
part
res at cnLevelSelectionMode =  "ManualLevels"
   res at cnMinLevelValF       = 0.1
   res at cnMaxLevelValF       =  0.5
   res at cnLevelSpacingF      =  0.1

Thanks.