[ncl-talk] Ncl installation

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 23 15:31:38 MDT 2019

Hi Guilherme

You may need to find out where Windows puts Ubuntu.
Probably a path with \ separators (not / as in Linux), maybe something
under Programs or such.
Once you find this, your NCARG_ROOT may just be the "usr" directory
one step below it.

A long time ago I used Cygwin, which would simulate Linux under Windows.
If I remember right, one needed to set a root path to find the Cygwin
programs.

I haven't used Windows in a while, so everything is guesswork here.
Please, check if the two links below, which may help in your case.
They seem to address this problem.
According to the first link, the Linux path under Windows may start with
/mnt/c,
whereas the second link says it became \\wsl$\Ubuntu (or similar) in
Windows 10 April/2019 update.
You may need to poke around and see which one works, if any.

https://www.howtogeek.com/261383/how-to-access-your-ubuntu-bash-files-in-windows-and-your-windows-system-drive-in-bash/
https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa