[ncl-talk] Too many missing values in 'trend_manken' precipitation output..

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:34:52 MDT 2019

Hi Qudsia,
If you set zero as missing value, then *it is obvious that you would get
missing values at grid points that has 0 Sen's slope* (i.e. NO TREND).

However, I do not think that you should explicitly set 0 as missing value.
If you do not want to show 0 values in the map, you can choose colormaps
that contain white in between. e.g.:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/ColorTables/ViBlGrWhYeOrRe.shtml

You may need to play with setting resources, e.g:
   res at cnLevelSelectionMode  = "ExplicitLevels"
   res at cnLevels                     =   set your contour levels here.

If you still have problems then please provide full script along with shape
files.

Cheers,
Rashed