[ncl-talk] how to city locations, color-coded by region in a global plot?

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Thu Oct 17 07:14:19 MDT 2019

Please, reply always to the mailing list.

To get the upper plot of the paper you have to increase the size of the
circles and move the numbers (text) to the same location.

The second plot is a bit more difficult but as base you can use the
scatter plot example scatter_7 from the examples page:
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/scatter_7.ncl.

-Karin

Am 17.10.19 um 14:25 schrieb Sri.durgesh Nandini-Weiss:
> Thanx Karin,
>

> I ran that script, and see the attached result -annotate.png
>
> I want to get close to the Figure1 in the attached paper.
>
> Would you by any chance know how to plot that out?
>
> Thanx
>
> Sri
>

> On 10/17/19 2:13 PM, Karin Meier-Fleischer via ncl-talk wrote:
>> Hello Sri,
>>
>> take a look at the annotations part of the examples page especially
>> example annotate_5
>> http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/annotate_5.ncl
>>
>> -Karin
>>
>> Am 17.10.19 um 11:38 schrieb Sri.durgesh Nandini-Weiss via ncl-talk:
>>> Hello ncl users,
>>>
>>> Would someone know how to use the NCL graphics for the polygons,
>>> polymarkers/ polylines/ text to be able to show city locations which
>>> are color coded by region, e,g, all the cities in south America
>>> based on my data?
>>>
>>> Thanx in adavance!

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization Group - NCL, CDO, PyNGL
Application Support

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstrasse 45a - D20146 Hamburg - Germany

Phone:    +49 (0)40 460094 126
Fax:      +49 (0)40 460094 270
E-Mail:   meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784