[ncl-talk] wmvectmap in subplot

juki juki juky_emc2 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 07:51:57 MDT 2019

Thank you Rick for suggestion. I got it by trying overlay.
Juky    On Monday, October 7, 2019, 08:18:39 PM GMT+7, Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:

 Hi,
Its next to impossible to help without seeing your script and ideally data and example plots. However, wmvectmap is not a function that I am familiar with, but I note that it does not return a plot object, which is required for gsn_panel to work. I presume you are using one of the gsn_csm_contour_xxxx functions to draw your contour map? You might take a look at the corresponding gsn_csm_vector_xxxx functions for drawing your vectors. There are numerous examples at the link below; example #6 in particular would seem to be similar to what you are trying to do.
    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml
Hope that helps...Rick