[ncl-talk] how to plot a reference arrow legend (such as 4m/s) by using wmvect and wmvlbl function?

吴冰雪 bxuewu at 163.com
Wed Nov 27 02:53:43 MST 2019

Dear All,    The example I have found in the NCL website(as following shown) by using the wmvect and wmvlbl function,the  reference arrow legend is special(like 0.35E+2and the length of the reference arrow is constant by using wmvlbl function ),which isn’t what I want,.
    I just wonder if any way the reference arrow legend it could be the same look  like use  res at vcRefMagnitudeF and res at vcRefLengthF.
(this is not what I want)(this is what I want)
NCL website : http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/weather_sym.shtml
weather_sym_8.ncl
weather_sym_9.ncl

Thank you !

At last, if anybody can tell me how to search the mail list before. Because before I ask this question ,I'd like to research the previous email to check if anyone had meet the question and solve,but I failed, I don't how to make a quick reaserch through all the  previous emails.
Bingxue Wu
Graduate student
Major in meteorology
Nanjing University of Information, Science&Technology
China -210044