[ncl-talk] Writing output hdf file of averaged monthly data for input later data analysis

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 19 19:21:57 MST 2019

I looked at your script. It is rather confusing. You modified

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/binning.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/binning.shtml>
binning_1.ncl

Each NCL example gives starting point but modifications must be done with
some thought. I had trouble following what you did.  It looks like you
added code from other scripts in inappropriate places.   Please use
'printVarSummary(...) and printMinMax(...,0) to see the status of
variables. This is for you to look at.

Further, you want monthly means within a small region from multiple HDF-EOS
files containing satellite swath data. Most swaths will have no values
within the desired region. Your *addfiles *will have to be for all the
files for the single month in which you are interested.

Why HDF?
----
A sample script is attached.
It is *YOUR RESPONSIBILITY*  to examine  the script carefully; look at the
printed output.
Think about what is being done.