[ncl-talk] put regression line parameters and R in the plots

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 18 07:28:37 MST 2019

Hi,

There a number of ways to add arbitrary text to a plot; you might look over
the examples at the following to find something similar to what you want to
do:

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml

Note in particular that one can either position text in the plot using data
coordinate space, or so-called NDC coordinates, which is a coordinate space
ranging from 0..1 across the plot.   I find NDC space easier to reason
about when adding esthetic annotations, but it almost always requires
several iterations to get it to look right.

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_add_text.shtml
    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_text_ndc.shtml

Rick