[ncl-talk] Problem in plotting due to data reading issue

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 14 18:58:30 MST 2019

[1] Could it be you mistyped the file name?

Script.ncl has:
          A    = addfile("HPRF_*1951*_2017_JJAS_fldmean.nc","r")
The actual file name is:
               HPRF_*1901*_2017_JJAS_fldmean.nc

Further:

The dimensions for HPRF_*1901*_2017_JJAS_fldmean.nc are
time = UNLIMITED ; // (*3561* currently)   <===========
bnds = 2 ;
lon = 1 ;
lat = 1 ;

The dimensions for the other variables are:
netcdf HPTmax_1951_2017_JJAS_fldmean {
dimensions:
time = UNLIMITED ; // (*67* currently)    <====
bnds = 2 ;
lon = 1 ;
lat = 1 ;

I assume you want the same period plotted.

There were other tincorrec things .... see attached script