[ncl-talk] Problem plotting Station Data

Soumik Basu sbasu at alaska.edu
Thu Nov 14 10:08:27 MST 2019

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the reply. I am using NCL 6.4.0 so that's why may be it could
not run my script. The NCL I am using was installed by compute canada in
their Cedar supercomputer.

Thanks,
Soumik

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:

> BTW -- that script does work for me using v6.6.2, and it produces the
> attached plot.
>
> Rick
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:33 AM Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What version of NCL are you using, and do you know where it came from?
>> It looks like perhaps it was built without support for triangulated grids
>> (to the best of my knowledge, all official distributions are built with
>> such support). Also, note that the method for specifying coordinates via
>> attributes requires minimally v6.4.0
>>
>> RB
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM Soumik Basu via ncl-talk <
>> ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to make a spatial plot of a station data. But, I am getting
>>> this error:
>>>
>>> fatal:Cannot create triangular mesh: supply additional resources or
>>> build with Triangle package
>>> fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
>>> fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
>>> fatal:PlotManagerDraw: error in plot draw
>>> fatal:_NhlPlotManagerDraw: Draw error
>>>
>>> Is there anyway to bypass this problem or any other way to make a
>>> spatial plot of this data? I am attaching the code and a station data file.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Soumik

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we
choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – J.K. Rowling

Dr. Soumik Basu
Post Doctoral Research Faculty
International Arctic Research Center, UAF, Fairbanks, AK, USA
PhD in Atmospheric Sciences
M.Sc. in Atmospheric Sciences
Email: suvro05 at gmail.com
website: http://soumikbasu.weebly.com/