[ncl-talk] REGRESSION MAP

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 8 09:49:15 MST 2019

Hi Dickson,
While there is not a specific example that shows how to do what you want,
there are a few examples that you should look at.
For overlaying a significance field on a color filled field, see example 3
here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml#ex3

For drawing the timeseries, look at example #5 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml#ex5

As you need to draw both the spatial plot and the timeseries on the same
plot, you will need to use the vpXF/vpYF/vpWidthF/vpHeightF resources to
set exact positioning for both plots.
See panel example #9 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex9

If you have any further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 10:14 AM dickson mbigi via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear concerned expert (s),
> After perfoming eofs, I want to plot spatial regression map of rainfall
> eofs with corresponding  time series over east africa along with
> significance correlation indication on the map.
>
> I went through your website but the scripts there plot regression map of a
> single variable.
>
> Kindly, I am writing to ask for any directive /clarification  or script
> regarding the forementioned concern.
>
>  With regards,
> Dickson.

Adam Phillips