[ncl-talk] Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerced to type of left hand side

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 4 07:20:48 MST 2019

Hi,

Docs for clmMonTLL says that the input variable can be of type float or
"numeric", but it really must be either float or double. Notice that your
variable "u" is of type short, and that further there are "add_offset" and
"scale_factor" attributes that must be applied to the data to get the
actual values. "short2flt()" is exactly the function you want; I think this
will do it:

     uClm = clmMonTLL (short2flt(u))
     vClm = clmMonTLL (short2flt(v))

     http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/short2flt.shtml

There are numerous examples of how to write NetCDF file at the following
link. I recommend the "inefficient" way. Its much easier and not that
inefficient unless you are dealing with lots of really big variables or are
writing files on a production basis.

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/write_netcdf.shtml

Hope that helps...
Rick