[ncl-talk] How to change the longitude

Anahita Amiri Farahani aamir003 at ucr.edu
Mon Jul 29 13:44:51 MDT 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to change the longitude axis for plot, because both Atlantic
and Pacific Oceans are important for example instead of starting from zero
I would prefer to start from 60E and another possibility is longitude goes
from -30 to 360. how can I do that, this is my script:

wks   = gsn_open_wks ("eps", "omega_response")        ; send graphics to
PNG file
 gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BlRe")
 res                 = True                    ; plot mods desired
 res at tiMainString    = "Omega Response"        ; title
  res at gsnDraw   = False                             ; don't draw yet
  res at gsnFrame  = False                             ; don't advance yet
  res at cnLevelSpacingF = 2.                      ; contour interval

res at trYMinF     = 100;0 ; set minimum Y-axis value
res at trYMaxF     =  1000;12250;1200 ; set maximum Y-axis value

res at cnLevelSelectionMode =  "ManualLevels"   ; AutomaticLevels
  res at cnMinLevelValF       = -0.05              ; min level
  res at cnMaxLevelValF       =  0.05             ; max level
  res at cnLevelSpacingF      =  0.005                ; interval

 res at cnLinesOn       = False                   ; turn off contour lines
 res at cnLineLabelsOn  = False                   ; tuen off line labels

 res at cnFillOn        = True                    ; turn on color
 res at trYReverse = True                     ; reverse Y-axis
 res at gsnContourZeroLineThicknessF = 2.       ; doubles thickness of zero
contour

plot = gsn_csm_hov(wks, fine1, res)

Thanks,
Ana