[ncl-talk] Labelbar boxs order

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 16 10:13:56 MDT 2019

Hi Giulio,
You cannot specify the order in the manner you are describing. However, you
can alter the labels to be anything you want by setting lbLabelStrings.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml#lbLabelStrings

Note that you may have to set cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn or a similar
resource as noted in the above documentation. Numerous examples exist that
show how to do this. What I would recommend is to draw/create the plot (but
do not have NCL create the labelbar automatically). Then, call
gsn_create_labelbar and explicitly set up the labels and colors that you
want.
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_create_labelbar.shtml

(Note that the specified colors will be different between the plot itself
and the labelbar.)

Hopefully that gets you going in the right direction. If you have any
further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:26 AM G.Monte--- via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Dears all,
> typically labelbar boxs are arranged into a monotonic way.
>
> I am wondering if there exists an alternative method in which I could
> state the order they should appear; i.e, if contour levels span form 0 to
> 100 spacing by 10, could I set the labelbar boxs at 0-80 first, then
> 90-100 and finally 80-90?
>

> Hoping my message was clear, thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Giulio Monte

Adam Phillips