[ncl-talk] Regarding writing netcdf file.

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 4 12:02:10 MDT 2019

Arshitha,

Here is the simplest possible way to write a netcdf file with one
attribute.  Try this first.  Use ncdump -h to inspect your output file.
Suppose you already calculated a variable named "rh" in NCL.

    f = addfile ("filename.nc","c")
    rh at att1 = "test"
    f->rhum = rh
    exit

For more details, please see this documentation:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/method_1.shtml

--Dave