[ncl-talk] ncl script for NARR data

Cathy Smith - NOAA Affiliate cathy.smith at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 29 11:50:48 MST 2019

 There is code out there in C and FORTRAN that can get i,j, coordinates
from the lat/lon which I can now get to as the government is up.

https://www.arl.noaa.gov/hysplit/cmapf-mapping-routines/

I've used it successfully fir Fortran.

I think you can also interpolate in NCL and extract the data for a
specified lat/lon.

Cathy

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 11:29 AM Mukul Tewari <mukultewari1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to generate time series at a given lat/lon point from
> NARR. Does anyone has any suggestion, how to extract meteorological
> variables from NARR at a given point in order to generate time series
> over a year?
>
> thanks,
> Mukul

NOAA/ESRL PSD and CIRES CDC
303-497-6263http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/cathy.smith/

Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses from emailing

esrl.psd.data at noaa.gov