[ncl-talk] shapefiles

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sun Jan 27 13:23:17 MST 2019

Vanúcia,

Your two data files are on different grids.  If you only need to make plots
that show the same region on a map, then use graphics masking, not data
masking.  See the third plot in example shapefiles_21 on this page:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

If you need to perform calculations between the two data sets, then you
will need to regrid the data from one file to match the other grid.  Please
see this documentation for regridding:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml

--Dave