[ncl-talk] plots not starting from zero height

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 18 14:41:53 MST 2019

Hi Alina,

Is it possible you don't have any data below 500 m?

One thing I like to do if I'm uncertain where I have valid data is to use
gsn_coordinates to draw markers at my data locations. You can draw the
markers in two different colors to show where the data is valid and where
it is missing.

For example, before the "end" statement in your script, try this:

  pres                   = True
  pres at gsnCoordsNonMissingColor = "black"
  pres at gsnCoordsMissingColor    = "red"
; pres at gsMarkerSizeF            = 3     ; might need to set this to change
size of markers
  gsn_coordinates(wks,plot,tc(z|:,Time|:),pres)

For more information about this procedure, see this page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/datagrid.shtml

--Mary