[ncl-talk] Problem using ttest function

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Thu Jan 17 14:13:47 MST 2019

Hi everyone,

I have some issues using the built-in 'ttest' function. When I plot the
'raw' probability (so regardless of any significance level), I end up with
a rather strange plot, see attached.
I followed example 4 from the documentation at
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/ttest.shtml, just that
instead of time I have ensemble member as the right-most dimension, and
hence compute mean and variance of the ensemble members. So my two fields
each have the following dimensions:
Dimensions and sizes: [Ens | 10] x [lat | 180] x [lon | 360]

Fields for mean and variance look fine, but there is something wrong with
the probability plot. I attach also the script.

Thanks for any advice,
Anne

--
Nota automatica aggiunta dal sistema di posta.