[ncl-talk] Main title in a panel plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 15 15:50:41 MST 2019

Hi Laura.
1) Yes, see:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gsn.shtml#gsnPanelMainPosYF

2) Yes, set gsnPanelDebug = True in your panel resource list. That will
output NDC page positions of the plots and title to your terminal.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gsn.shtml#gsnPanelDebug

Both of those resources are set in Panel Example #38 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex38

Adam

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM Laura Fowler <laura at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Two questions regarding a panel plot:
>
> 1. Is there a way to move the location of the gsnPanelMainString relative
> to the panel plots. In my case, I would like that title to be closer to the
> top two panels (see attached pdf). I was thinking of something like
> gsnLeftStringOrthogonalPosF but for gsnPanelMainString?
>
> 2. Is there a way to get the total height of the panel plot, including the
> main title?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura
>
> --

> Laura D. Fowler
>
> Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
> P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000
>
> e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
> phone: 303-497-1628

Adam Phillips