[ncl-talk] nan value for cape function

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 10 09:36:22 MST 2019

Hello,

I think you need to check your input units again.  You didn't indicate
exactly how you are calling wrf_cape_3d, but if you read the documentation
at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_cape_3d.shtml

you will see that that the model pressure values need to be in units of Pa,
while the units of  surface pressure must be hPa. I'm not sure why the
function was written this way, but you need to make sure you have the
correct units.

If you continue to have problems, please respond back to ncl-talk with this
information. It would help if you could provide a short test program that
shows the values you are inputting and the incorrect values that are coming
from the function. Also, we need to know what version of NCL you're
running.