[ncl-talk] Segmentation Fault

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 26 07:30:38 MDT 2019

'seg faults' from any tool or language are the most difficult to debug due
to lack of information.

s*h: line 1:  2596 **Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ncl
'ini=2019041700' eu_read.ncl*

[1] I see nothing wrong.
[2] I can not emulate your environment. This makes debugging difficult.
[3] 6.3.0 is 4+ years old. I'd suggest upgrading.
[4] Does the following work?

%> ncl_filedump your_grib_file | less

[5] Big file but could you ftp the file? or place it someplace from which I
could download the file?

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
your_email
cd incoming
put your_grib_file
quit

Send me an email after successful transfer.