[ncl-talk] TickMark resources

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Sun Apr 14 17:23:03 MDT 2019

Hello:

I would really like to modify the major tickmarks of the bottom axis of my
longitude versus pressure cross sections (see plot1.png). On that plot, the
bottom tickmarks are between 150E and 90W spanning every 15 degrees. I
would like them to span between 150E and 90E but spanning every 10 degrees
instead.

I have two questions:

1) The latitudes of the bottom axis start at:

Variable: lon (subsection)

Type: double

Total Size: 4816 bytes

            602 values

Number of Dimensions: 1

Dimensions and sizes: [lon | 602]

Coordinates:

            lon: [149.9000091552734..270.1000061035156]

Number Of Attributes: 2

  long_name : longitude

  units : degrees_east

(0) 149.9000091552734

(1) 150.1000061035156

(2) 150.3000030517578

(3) 150.5000152587891

.

.

(597) 269.3000183105469

(598) 269.5

(599) 269.7000122070312

(600) 269.9000244140625

(601) 270.1000061035156

so I am not sure which index is used to plot the major tickmarks (..., 180,
135W, and 90W). How do I get the index of the major tickmarks that are
drawn?

2. I tried to use print(plot) to see how I could use "get values" but I did
not see any reference to tickmarks that could help me out.

Variable: plot

Type: obj

Total Size: 4 bytes

            1 values

Number of Dimensions: 1

Dimensions and sizes: [1]

Coordinates:

Number Of Attributes: 2

  contour : rh.lon_press.new_contour contourPlotClass 11

  data : rh.lon_press.new_data scalarFieldClass 9

(0) rh.lon_press.new_loglin logLinPlotClass 45

Is there an other way to do this? Help very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler

Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000

e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
phone: 303-497-1628