[ncl-talk] centered panel plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 9 09:57:12 MDT 2019

Hi Laura,
gsn_panel can have a hard time when the panels are not similar sizes.
There's a few ways to do what you want.  The two easiest solutions:
1) Adjust the positioning of the 2nd plot by setting gsnPanelYF and
gsnPanelXF in the panel resource lists. You will first have to run the
script with gsnPanelDebug set to True so you can see what the current
positioning is. See example #19 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex19

2) Call gsn_panel twice (once for each plot), setting gsnPanelTop and
gsnPanelBottom. You cannot set gsnMaximize = True in this scenario.

If you have any further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 4:41 PM Laura Fowler <laura at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am drawing a panel plot (one column, two rows) but the two panels have
> different widths (see attached png). I would like the bottom plot to be
> centered below the top plot instead of left justified. I used
> resP at gsnPanelCenter = True but since it it true by default, this did not
> help. There must be an easy way to do this, I am sure.
>
> Help very much appreciated. Thanks,
> Laura
>

> --

> Laura D. Fowler
>
> Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
> P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000
>
> e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
> phone: 303-497-1628

Adam Phillips