[ncl-talk] Overlaying shapefile to the wrf plot

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 9 07:04:34 MDT 2019

Hi,

Please reply to the ncl-talk -- I'm not expert with WRF and the group
offers a broader body of knowledge.

There are these two examples:

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfgsn.shtml#ex1

Particularly the "nogsn" example. It looks like maybe:

i) draw "contour"
ii) add the shapefile polylines to contour, like you have it now
iii) call wrf_map_overlay with just "contour" as the plot (not along with
the shapefile lines like you had initially)
iv) the calls to draw(contour) and frame(wks) should now be unnecessary.

If that doesn't work, perhaps take a look at the gsn-version of plotting
given in the link above.

Rick