[ncl-talk] Overlaying shapefile to the wrf plot

Ganesan M ganeshcuraj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 05:38:18 MDT 2019

I am new to ncl, I am trying to plot wrf model output wind speed over
Indian region. now normally the plots are generated, at this point I am
trying to overlay India shapefile to the generated plot to see the state
boundaries. but I am getting errors as follows,

fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (1) of
(gsn_add_shapefile_polylines) can not coerce
fatal:["Execute.c":8578]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 24 in file
WRF_vector_contour.ncl

I am not able to figure where I am going wrong here.

I need to know, whether there is any pre-buit ncl script to load, as to
show the India map with state boundaries. Is there any way to overlay the
shapefile while the plotting the wrf variables?
I am attaching the ncl script that I am working on, please help me with
this issue.

Thank you. Regards
Ganesan M.