[ncl-talk] Contour map: cnFillMode = "CellFill"

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:46:33 MDT 2019

Hi,

Are you plotting observational point data?  What are your lat/lons -- cell
centers?

If I understand the issue correctly, and reading the docs for
sf[XY]CellBounds:

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/sf.shtml#sfXCellBounds

You need to calculate the bounds of the cells yourself. For example, if you
have .25degree cells,
and know cell centers, that calculation is easy to come up with the 4
corner points. Not so easy if you have lat/lons and need cells of a
specific are in meters.

Make sense?
Rick