[ncl-talk] Shapefile_mask_data error

Christian Adrián Álvarez Báez christian.alvarez813 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:00:52 MDT 2018

Hi, I'm triying to extract data with a mask from an WRF output using the
example shapefiles_19.ncl. I had many errors so looking I found some
modifications, including the shapefile_mask_data: Error: not a valid
rectilinear, curvilinear, or unstructured grid that I think it was solved
by using the copy_VarMeta function. But I'm stuck with the error:
fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (1) of (shapefile_mask_data) can
not coerce
caused on line 60 of my script.
tc = wrf_user_getvar(a,"tc",it)
var=tc(0,:,:)
copy_VarMeta(tc,var)

Line 60
data_keep = shapefile_mask_data(var,shp_filename,opt)

The script it's a little messy because of many modifications, I hope I made
sense. I don't know if the problem could be the shape, it's just a simple
polygon test projected on Lambert conformal conical as the WRF output.

I'm sending my script and my shape files if there is a clue.

Thank you very much,
Christian