[ncl-talk] Wondering why area_hi2lores won't "create" a map

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 06:57:48 MDT 2018

Hi:

My previous e-mail was not transferred to the list because one of my files
was too large. But, if it is, please note:

The reason I was getting a blank maps is that the data I was interpolating
to was not cyclic. Hence, I needed to limit the xo and yo range from the
GEFS to something similar that I wanted to interpolate my data to from the
WRF. I also needed to use areahi2lores_Wrap to transfer the metadata.

Also, when you have a variable with "dimension and sizes" and you subtract
a constant from it (to get the range consistent with the WRF), you lose the
name of the variable.  I got around this by first creating a constant with
the same attributes as xo and then subtracting 180 (degrees) from it.

So, I don't need any help at the moment,  thank you.

The attached file does all that is previously mentioned, but also reads NAM
data from a new file (not attached).
Barry