[ncl-talk] cd_calendar

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 14 10:56:15 MDT 2018

Hi Elham,
Before posting to ncl-talk about a function please review the
documentation. As noted in the cd_calendar documentation here:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/cd_calendar.shtml

"Must have a "units" attribute string in the format "units since basetime",
for example, "days since 1971-1-1" (see examples below)."

Again, please review the documentation page about the function. If you have
any further questions let the ncl-talk email list know.
Adam

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 10:51 AM Elham Ghasemifar <
elham.ghasemifar at modares.ac.ir> wrote:

> Dear colleges
>
> can any one help me about cd_calendar, my data is 2b-geoprof (cloudsat)
> product , i don't know what can i do for plot them:
>

> ncl 27>  alt40   = f->Height_2B_GEOPROF
> ncl 28>  kalt    = dimsizes(alt40)
> ncl 29>  time    = f->Profile_time_2B_GEOPROF
> ncl 30>  ntime   = dimsizes(time)
> ncl 31> yyyymm  = cd_calendar(time,-1)
> fatal:cd_calendar: no 'units' attribute provided
> fatal:["Execute.c":8638]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 31

Adam Phillips