[ncl-talk] fill error

Toni Klemm toni-klemm at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:46:05 MDT 2018

Hi Elham,

The first warning means there is no data to be shown in our plot, but that is probably because your gsn_csm_contour_map function doesn’t work correctly. It’s hard to tell what the problem is without some context. The other warning don’t seem to come from the code you included in your email.

Could you attach a file with your NCL code and a sample data file so we could run it? If the file is too large to attach then run the command “ncdump -h your_filename” from the command line and include the result here. It should be a summary of all the variables and their metadata (variable type, size, additional attributes) in your data file. This might help identify the problem.

Toni

Toni Klemm, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Contributor to the Early Career Climate Forum <http://www.eccforum.org/>
www.toni-klemm.de <http://www.toni-klemm.de/> | @toniklemm <http://twitter.com/toniklemm>