[ncl-talk] ESMF regrid issue

Lintao Li lintaoli168 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:34:14 MST 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Lintao, running NCL code for regridding on Cheyenne. I first used
ESMF_regrid_gen_weights
(/glade/scratch/lintao/paper/data/regrid_test/1_generate_weight_file.ncl)
to get the weights, then used ESMF_regrid_with_weights
(/glade/scratch/lintao/paper/data/regrid_test/2_regrid.ncl) to do the
regrid. The
outputs (/glade/scratch/lintao/paper/data/regrid_test/2_step_out) are
almost OK. However, using ncview, I found banded area with same precip
values in the output data sets. Obviously, there are some systematic errors.

Then I used the simpler but much slower method, ESMF_regrid
(/glade/scratch/lintao/paper/data/regrid_test/regrid_1_step_method.ncl) to
do the regrid. However, the results are even worse.

Can you help me to figure out what is the problem? Please feel free to go
to my working directory and have a look.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Lintao