[ncl-talk] Could use another pair of eyes, panel plot issue

Adam Herrington adam.herrington at stonybrook.edu
Sat Nov 10 17:15:38 MST 2018

I've been working on this issue for a few hours and I just am not seeing
what's wrong here. So I'm going to throw a hail marry out in case someone
is curious enough to take a look at my script.

I loop over 3 cases and contour a height-longitude transect for each one;
invoking a 3 panel panel plot. For some reason the 2nd and 3rd cases are
not plotting the vertical coordinate correctly. The vertical coordinate is
pressure, from 1000 hPa to 0 hPa. Even though the Y-tickmarks say this is
the case, the field is actually the upper troposphere, something like 300
hPa to 0 hPa (attached; you'll have to trust the plot is in error, I've
switched the order of the cases to confirm...it can also be seen because
the white contours outline the region where the deep convection scheme is
active, and indicates that the convective tops are at 1000 hPa).

I've done output diagnostics and the vertical coordinate is correct for all
cases. Can anyone spot a bug in my script here that is making case 2 and 3
not plot correctly? The script is attached.

Adam

FYI, it runs out of the box on cheyenne.