[ncl-talk] rigrad_bruntv_atm undefined

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 2 09:16:06 MDT 2018

Hi Dan,

Sorry we didn't answer this sooner.

The function should be in contributed.ncl, and it looks like you are
spelling it correctly (make sure you have "*rigrad*_bruntv_atm" and not "
*rigrid*_bruntv_atm")

Can you type:

grep rigrad_bruntv_atm $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

and see if anything shows up?  You should see something like:

function rigrad_bruntv_atm(thv:numeric, u:numeric, v:numeric, z:numeric,
opt[1]:integer,  ndim[1]:integer)
      print("rigrad_bruntv_atm: thv, u, v must have the same rank &
dimensionality")
. . .

--Mary