[ncl-talk] setting of eof in NCL

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 20 21:42:46 MDT 2018

Hi Arnold,

I'm not expert about EOF functions, but in general, the NCL idiom is that
if an optional-argument or resources-argument is of type boolean, then any
attributes associated with it will be in play if the argument is True, and
otherwise, only defaults will apply regardless of what attribute settings a
user may have set.  I haven't verified that behaviour for your specific
question, but the docs for both eofunc and eofunc_ts do seem to suggest
it.  Are you seeing something specific that leads you to believe otherwise?

Rick