[ncl-talk] Regridding Moving Nest WRF outputs

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 16 07:01:16 MDT 2018

   f = *addfile*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/addfile.shtml>
("WRF.nc", "r")
   lat2d = f->xlat                         ; size = (ntim,nlat,nlon)
   lon2d = f->xlon                         ; size = (ntim,nlat,nlon)
   x     = f->X

   printVarSummary(x)
   printMinMax(x,0)

   dimx  = dimsizes(x)
   ntim  = dimx(0)

   nlat  = dimsizes(lat)
   mlon  = dimsizes(lon)

   xgrd  = new( (/ntim,nlat,mlon/), typeof(x) )

   do nt=0,ntim-1
      xgrd(nt,:,:) =
*rcm2rgrid*_Wrap(lat2d(nt,:,:),lon2d(nt,:,:),x(nt,:,:),lat,lon,0)
   end do

   printVarSummary(xgrd)
   printMinMax(xgrd,0)

=======

rcm2rgrid is slow for large grids.

If you have multiple runs (experiments) with the same configuration,
it may be advantageous to use the ESMF regridding and generate a weight
file for each time step.

Good luck