[ncl-talk] CylindricalEqualArea map projection problems

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 13 08:15:34 MDT 2018

Hi Marc,

The simple solution is to set:

  res at pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always"

​The longish explanation is that it used to be that you couldn't get map
tickmark labels at all, so for C.E. plots, we created some special code to
explicitly add labels. This is what you see in the original plot.  We
didn't do this for other map projections because we knew that eventually
the internal code would be enhanced to get labels for other map
projections. This internal code only gets activated by the
"​pmTickMarkDisplayMode"
resource, which is a Plot Manager resource that if you give it a value of
"Always", it will force the map tickmarks to be added. We haven't made this
the default yet because the internal code is not really complete. I think
at some point we may just turn this on and make it the default.

--Mary