[ncl-talk] Stopwatch for functions

Lam Hoang lamhpvn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:00:25 MST 2018

Just print out the time before and after the step you want and you will get
the time difference!

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 at 08:02, Prashanth Bhalachandran <
prashanth.bhalachandran at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am writing to inquire if there is any function that tracks the time
> taken by the different steps in an NCL program. Matlab and R have this
> functionality called the tic and toc (stopwatch timer).
>

> The main use of this is to debug which function/step is taking such a long
> time to complete and to see if I can improve its efficiency
> (computational).
>

> Any suggestions?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Prashanth

Lam Hoang, PhD
Viet Nam National Center of Hydro-Meteorology Forecasting
National Hydro-Meteorological Services of Vietnam
8 Phao Dai Lang street, Lang Thuong, Dong Da, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Mob: +84 9 682 34 682

Associate Researcher,
School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment
Monash University, VIC 3800
Email: lam.hoang at monash.edu