[ncl-talk] Issue regridding with ESMF from unstructured

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 29 09:56:59 MDT 2018

Dear ncl-talk,

I'm trying to regrid from an unstructured grid of temperature and moisture
retrievals from an aircraft. The data are a function of (lev,time), with
each time corresponding to a different lat/lon location. I wrote some code
to regrid to a triangular mesh using ESMF, but ran into some issues. I got
this error:

(0) get_src_grid_info: source lat dims = (14398)

(0) get_src_grid_info: source lon dims = (14398)

(0) get_src_grid_info: SrcGridType and/or SrcGridLat/SrcGridLon were not
set.

(0)           Cannot determine the source grid type.

I have attached my code and a sample file it reads. I am confused b/c I am
setting the SrcGridLat and Lon explicitly.

Andrew Kren
Assistant Scientist
CIMAS - NOAA/AOML
314-322-0867