[ncl-talk] fiddling with tickmarks

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 27 14:23:32 MDT 2018

Hello:

I am confused about tickmarks..... Here are my two questions (see
attached plot).

1. For the left axis, when I do not set res at tmYLPrecision, when the
labels of the Y axis are 0.00, 0.20, 0.30 instead of 0.0, 0.2, 0.3,
etc... When I set

res at tmYLPrecision           = 1

then I get the warning
warning:AutoComputeMajorTickMarks: The precision specified is smaller
than the precision needed tick mark labels may not be correct

but I do get the right labels for the Y axis. Not sure what to do
about the warning?

2. For the GF, MSK, and NTIED lines, the data should be offset by 30
minutes, and start in the middle between the major tick mark "00UTC"
and the first minor tick marks. Is there a function that will offset
the data relative to the tickmarks?

Any suggestions? I looked around the "tm" examples but did not find
what I needed.

Thanks,
Laura

--