[ncl-talk] Regarding vertically integrated Moisture flux divergence

saurabh rathore rohitsrb2020 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:06:50 MDT 2018

Dear NCL users

I am not much efficient in NCL and trying to compute vertically integrated
Moisture flux divergence. Does anyone ever computed this quantity I am not
able to integrate it vertically and the values I am getting are 2 order
less than the it should be.

I am using  NCEP/NCAR data of 2.5*2.5 degree resolution for specific
humidity, zonal wind vector and meridional wind vector at 8 pressure levels
which are as follows (300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 850, 925, 1000) i.e.
starting from 300 ending at 1000 hPa

vertical integration of Moisture flux divergence  =  del . [ (1/g) *
integration from 0 to Ps of (specific humidity * horizontal wind vectors) *
dp ]

I hope I will get some help regarding this.

regards, saurabh

--

*REGARDS*

*Saurabh Rathore*
*Research Scholar (PhD.)*
*Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology*
*Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur*
*contact :- 91- 8345984434*