[ncl-talk] Wind Barbs cross equator issue

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 7 14:24:34 MDT 2018

Hello

*This is offline.*

Certainly for grids where there are conventional latitude and longitude
coordinate variables [ eg: lat(lat), lon(lon) ]

(
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/workshops/2011/datamodels/NcCVars.html
and

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf_data_set_components.html
),

the wind barbs follow conventions.

See the 1st few figures at:   https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/
Applications/barb.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/barb.shtml>

--
Also, see attached png file which was created from a regional rectilinear
grid.

--

Can you please follow the instructions at:
*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ftp_files.shtml

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous*jerry_leo at msn.com <http://msn.com>                  <enter
your email address for the password>*
cd incoming
put *file1*
put *file2*
. . .*continue with 'put' commands until all desired files are uploaded*. . .
quit

When the upload is complete, send email to ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu> or
the NCL team member that you've already been working with and include the
exact names of the files, and the approximate size of each file.

For security reasons, you cannot list the contents of the 'incoming'
directory. This is why we need to know the exact names of the files.

THX