[ncl-talk] function conflict problem for help

张盼峰 zhangpanfeng at cug.edu.cn
Mon Jun 4 07:05:27 MDT 2018

Dear NCL members,

I'm a Phd student from the Department of Atmospheric Sciences, China University of Geosicences.

In the attachment  "test_function_conflict.ncl", I found a function conflict problem between the In-built Function (gsn_csm_contour_map) and a User Defined Procedure (add_labelbar). If removing the User Defined Procedure (add_labelbar), then the script can be run correctly. But, if I do not remove the User Defined Procedure, the script can not be succefully run. The User Defined Procedure was copys from "http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/polyg_8_lbar.ncl" and it can be run correctly in another single plot. I don't know why this kind of conflict can happens and how to avoid.

When I run the "test_function_conflict.ncl", the error message as follows.

Thank You!
Your Sincerly, Panfeng Zhang