[ncl-talk] Not able to Resize Panel Plots

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Jan 21 09:45:41 MST 2018

Yanting,

I can't tell from your code snippet if you are actually trying to panel the
individual plots using gsn_panel, or if you are just drawing the plots
yourself? Since these two plots are very different in size, I recommend NOT
using gsn_panel, and just using vpXXXX resources.

Meanwhile, when you set gsnMaximize to True, it will actually resize your
plots to make them fit in the window. It will keep the same aspect ratio,
but it is effectively change vpWidthF and vpHeightF under the hood.

Try not setting gsnMaximize at all, and let the vp resources do the work.

You might also try using maximize_output, which only works for PS and PDF
output.  PNG output will not rotate the image, but PS/PDF output will.

See examples panel_20 and panel_23 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml

--Mary