[ncl-talk] Hovmueller plot, x axis range adjustment

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 31 17:33:53 MDT 2018

Hi Toni,
Yes, there's a few ways you can go about it, but the one that gives you the
most control is the tmXBMode/tmXBValues/tmXBLabels resources:
  data_00&lon_zones at units = "degrees_east"   ; needed to set units of
lon_zones to get correct "W" labels
  res at tmXBMode = "Explicit"
  res at tmXBValues = ispan(-105,-95,1)
  res at tmXBLabels = (/"105W","","103W","","101W","","99W","","97W","","95W"/)

See the bottom panel of example #2 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex2

Note that the values input to tmXBValues need to be within the range of the
lon_zones coordinate variable values for the above to work. If I would have
done this:
res at tmXBValues = ispan(255,265,1)
the tickmarks would not have been shown.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

--
Adam Phillips