[ncl-talk] Problem with calculation of wet bulb temperature

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 28 11:43:04 MDT 2018

I assume the following has the same 'Outside of lookup table bounds'  issue.

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_getvar.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_getvar.shtml>

twb = *wrf_user_getvar*(a,"twb", -1)

====
Maybe:

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_td.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_td.shtml>

pPa   = *wrf_user_getvar*(a,"pres", -1)
td    = *wrf_td*( p*Pa* , qv )      ; degC

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wetbulb.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wetbulb.shtml>

   p   = pPa*0.01               ; hPa, mb
   tc  = twrf -273.15           ; C