[ncl-talk] Using vp resources for panelling different sized WRF contour plots

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:51:04 MDT 2018

Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for the help - using setvalues after the plot creation
finally worked!
However, there's a new, slightly annoying issue : the common labelbar for
the two plots within the panel isn't centered now.
Since the right plot was resized, i.e., shrunk to the same height as the
left plot, it seems that there quite a bit of white space
within the right plot which is considered part of the plot and NCL is
trying to center the common labelbar according to the
original viewport width (not plot width) of both plots.

I can get around this problem by slightly moving the vpXF position of the
right plot to further right but I don't want too much
gap between the plots just to center the labelbar.

Is there any way to manually align the common labelbar in the panelplot?
I just want to move it slightly towards the left.

Thanks

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom