[ncl-talk] Bug: cd_calendar(_, 4) chokes on "proleptic_gregorian"

Karl-Hermann Wieners karl-hermann.wieners at mpimet.mpg.de
Mon Aug 20 08:49:30 MDT 2018

Hi all,

when using cd_calendar(_, 4) on a data file with calendar
"proleptic_gregorian", NCL 6.5.0 and earlier print

seconds_in_year: illegal calendar
day_of_year: illegal calendar = 'proleptic_gregorian'

I reported this problem years ago (I believe for NCL 6.1.0) and it still
seems to be present. I'd really appreciate if someone could find the
time to look into this.

Please find an example data file attached. The code to reproduce is
simple enough:

datafile = addfile("proleptic_gregorian.nc", "r")
times = cd_calendar(datafile->time, 4)

Cheers,
Karl

--