[ncl-talk] How make these plots with NCL?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 16 08:03:46 MDT 2018

Markus,

NCL can certainly do the contour/map plots, and the small square looks like
a basic contour plot, but we don't have anything specific for doing filled
contours inside a triangle. You could do something like this on your own
using calls to gsn_add_polygon, and then the various text annotations could
be drawn with gsn_add_text and/or gsn_add_polyline for the lines, but it
would be a bit tedious.

You can check out some examples of where people have done interesting
things with polygons here:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/evans.shtml
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml

To see some examples of creating those color filled map plots, you may want
to see our vegetation examples page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/classification.shtml

Regards,

--Mary