[ncl-talk] radar_2.ncl: CF radial dataset

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 15 08:10:28 MDT 2018

Dear Jalal,

The scalar field warning is indicating that the dimensions of xarr and yarr
don't match the dimensions of z_wave1(nmo,:,:).

We always tell people to look at their data whenever they get an error they
don't understand, and one way to do this is by using printVarSummary to
look at the variables used for plotting:

printVarSummary(z_wave1)
printVarSummary(xarr)
printVarSummary(yarr)

If xarr and yarr are not the same size as the rightmost two dimensions of
z_wave1, then double-check your calculations for them.

I don't understand the error about the longitude labels, because xarr
should NOT be seen by gsn_csm_contour as a longitude array.  Also,
gsnAddCyclic shouldn't come into play, because this is only recognized by
the gsn_csm_xxxxx_map suite of functions.

If you continue to have problems with this script, please include the
errors again, but then also include the printVarSummary output from above.